Yilport buys Gävle Container Terminal
Turkish harbor company Yilport Holding AB is the new owner of Gävle Container Terminal (GCT), its first port in Sweden.
Stig Wåhlstedt, CEO of GCT, was quoted in the local press: “The purchase is advantageous for us. It provides stability, competence and a long-term perspective.”
Yilport has purchased 80% of the shares from Metric Capital Partner. The remaining 20% is owned by Gävle municipality through Gävle Stadshus AB. Yilport’s owner, Robert Yildrim is set to present his plans for GCT in the near future.
News source (external website in Swedish).
This is Yildirim Group's second big investment in Sweden, as it acquired ferrochrome producer Vargon Alloys AB in 2008. The group made a joint bid with CMA CGM, in which it holds a 20% stake, for the Skandia Container Terminal, Gothenburg concession, which went to APM Terminals.